Monday, February 13, 2012

PMS.....

Three simple letters that evoke so much emotion from a woman, and anyone that is within a 10 mile radius of said woman. I have dealt with PMS for the past 26 years, and it isn't a pretty sight. My hormones work overtime to make sure that I am both depressed and pissed off at the same time. Some months it gets so rough that I don't even want to deal with myself. I feel bloated, fat, ugly, disgusting, emotional, angry, all of it rolled into one. I feel like I am the only person who experiences these feelings. I begin to question my life, and everything that I have or haven't accomplished at this point. I vow to not give into the temptation of eating sweet and salty (I am eating ice cream at the moment and now craving french fries), then proceeding to eat everything not tied down in the kitchen.
It's said the men experience something similiar to what women do, but I have yet to see it. I tell my husband that I wish just once he could experience this cycle. I feel sure that he would last one hour with the cramps, the bleeding, the emotional overload of feelings, and would quickly cave. Maybe, just maybe if men could experience this, then they wouldn't mind the crying spells and the constance questioning if we look fat or not. By the way.....do I look bloated?

No comments:

Post a Comment