Thursday, March 22, 2012

Computers

My computer and I are having a hate relationship this week. As a college professor, not only do I teach traditional classes, but I also teach online, which is awesome. It's awesome because I can get on this thing and check my students progress at 11pm at night if I want, or from the beach (which of course isn't advisable for obvious reasons), but the cool thing is I can teach the virtual class from anywhere. Okay getting away from the reason for this rant, so back to it.

Anyway my online students have just submitted their research papers. Everything from discussions, to essays, to papers, and test, are done online. So I have been staring at my computer for hours on end reading research papers on everything from 1600 to present. I need my computer to be in great working order to do this. Up until this week it has been behaving perfectly. The minute I start reading papers it starts freezing and acting up. If I have to reboot it one more time I am going to throw it out the front door.

Ok I only have 9 more to read so let's keep our fingers crossed that the old girl can make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment