Monday, March 5, 2012

Horrible Monday

My week is just starting off peachy! As I was about to drive out from work, a former student not paying attention, hit me, taking out my driver side tail light. Of course at first he freely admitted that it was his fault, that this has happened to him before, and he did not see me. I should mention that I drive a small sports car and he was driving a huge SUV. Since I teach at a college, I called public safety to take a report. It was minimal damage to my car, and none to his, but I wanted to be on the safe side. Of course once the officer started taking info, he changed his tune and said that it was both our faults. I was furious, as how was it my fault when I was totally out of my space and about to pull forward??

After talking to my insurance company, which I may add is simply the best, the adjustor said the body shop would be able to see whose fault it was, especially since it was the back side of my car. What an ordeal! Thankfully I have an appointment with the auto body shop this afternoon and a rental lined up!

I have a feeling I won't be teaching him another section of history!

No comments:

Post a Comment