Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Zumba (or better titled throwing your hip out of joint)

I have always tried to live a very active life style. I do have spirts where I am extremely lazy and don't do anything for weeks or months, but let's face it, if you want to mentally feel good you need to do something. Since getting married 4 years ago I have slowly put back on the 20 pounds that I had lost before the wedding. I know what I need to do to not gain weight, but I like food too much. I am not going to deny myself, hell you only live once. I just know that I need to step up working out if I am going to eat out every night (and yes so far since Thanksgiving we have done that).
I love to dance. I took dance for 17 years, and actually started back  lessons last year. I never thought at 36 that I would be in a dance recital again, but hell if I wasn't. While I enjoyed tap and jazz class, it wasn't doing it for me. I discovered Zumba over the summer and like most of America I am hooked. Thank God where I take doesn't have mirrors or I would never ever step foot in the class again. I get out there on the floor, shaking what God gave me, and thinking I am ready to be featured in a music video. Tonight I took a class, and got a little too much into it. I think I pulled a butt muscle, if that is even possible.
Of course after I sweated 10 pounds off, I go eat it plus some back on at Zaxby's. It's a vicious cycle.
Oh well, I will be at class tomorrow night shaking my ass thinking I am on dancing with the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment